A Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) must be very experienced because only people who have been working offshore for many years can become an HLO. People with less experience will be deployed as a Helideck Assistant. This way they can gain experience and eventually can become an HLO.
Our Helicopter Landing Officers have the following certificates:
- Basic Offshore including HUET (Nogepa 0.5, OLF and OPITO)
- Valid offshore medical certificate & medical certificate in the use of breathing equipment
- Rescue Fire Fighting (Nogepa 2.6)
- HLO (Nogepa 1.1)
- First Aid Offshore (Nogepa 2.2)
- Banksman (Nogepa 1.9)
- VCA Basic or VOL (for supervisors).